Pineapple & cheese steak pancakes
Make way for our Alfresco cheese feast pancakes… super easy and a welcome change from the standard variety. These pancakes involve pouring the batter on top of the filling ingredients, so they’re embedded inside. It’s the best way to ensure all the filling stays put and remains evenly distributed. Winner!
3tbsp plain flour
Pack of Alfresco Cheese Steaks
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
3tbsp tinned sweetcorn kernels, drained
4tbsp tinned crushed pineapple, drained
Fresh salad, to serve (optional)
- Using a small whisk, combine the egg and flour, and then whisk in the milk until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the cheese steaks in the oven and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pan and cook the spring onions and chives over a medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat, and add the mixture, including any melted butter left in the pan, to the pancake mix. Whisking to avoid lumps.
- Cut the cooked cheese steaks into fairly small chunks or strips. Lay these in the pan in a single, evenly distributed layer. Sprinkle on sweetcorn between the cheese steak pieces and pop in the crushed pineapple.
- Pour the pancake batter over the ingredients. Cook over a medium heat for a few minutes, until the underside is golden brown. Using a flat spatula, ensure that the edges of the pancake are loose.
- Cook the topside under the grill for a few mins, until it’s golden brown. Slide the pancake onto a plate and serve with salad, if desired.