Roasted corn on the cob
Great with BBQ cheese.
Makes 6 servings
- 75g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cobs of corn with husk attached
- Fill a large container with water and soak corn, husks and all, for 15 minutes
- Heat grill or BBQ to a medium-high heat. Mix butter, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Pull back husk from each ear of corn without removing it entirely. Remove silk, then pull husk back into place. (This allows coverage from the grill, both protecting the corn from direct exposure to the flames and partially steaming the ear, while still allowing smoke to penetrate the husk and some charring to occur.)
- Grill, turning occasionally, until slightly charred and cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Transfer corn to a large platter, pull back husks, and spread with reserved butter.