Texan beans with cheese sausage
Texan beans with cheese sausages.
A delicious meal the whole family will enjoy.
Makes 4 – 6 servings.
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce (Lancashire sauce is a veggie option)
- 2 x 400g cans mixed beans in water, drained
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp light soured cream, to serve
- Cook the onion in the oil until soft. Add the garlic, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and paprika, and cook for a further 1-2 mins until sticky.
- Tip in the beans, tomatoes and a splash of water, and simmer for 20/30 mins
- Great served on a toasted bread bun with a few cheese sausages