Alfresco Mediterranean Halloumi Fries & Hummus Wraps
- Alfresco Mediterranean Halloumi Fries
50g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 small red cabbage, core removed, shredded
- 2 mixed peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 flatbreads or tortilla wraps
- 100g hummus
- 80g bag rocket leaves
- Toast the pumpkin seeds with the cumin seeds in a large frying pan until they begin to pop and smell fragrant, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the cabbage, peppers and vinegar, and season well. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat oven to low and put the bread in to warm through. Using the pan you used to toast the seeds, add a splash of olive oil and fry the halloumi in batches for 3 mins each side until crispy and golden. Transfer to the oven to keep warm.
- Spread a layer of hummus on each flatbread and top with a handful of slaw, halloumi and rocket to serve. Enjoy!
Do not reheat. Not suitable for microwave cooking. All cooking appliances vary. This is a guide only.