Alfresco Spicy Halloumi Fries Shakshuka
- Alfresco Spicy Halloumi Fries
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 250g Chorizo
- 600g Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Eggs
- Pitta bread (optional)
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a non-stick pan. When sizzling, remove the packing from the Alfresco Spicy Halloumi Fries and add them to the pan – turning regularly until golden brown – for approximately 4 minutes. When they are done, take the Halloumi Fries out and put them aside.
- Add the chorizo to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until just starting to brown. Reduce heat to medium, add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the baking dish into a preheated oven at 180℃ for 15 minutes.
- Use the back of a spoon to make 4 cavities in the tomato mixture. Gently crack 1 egg into each cavity. Return the halloumi to the pan. Cover with a lid or tin foil and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still nice and runny. Sprinkle with dukkah and serve with bread. Enjoy!
Do not reheat. Not suitable for microwave cooking. All cooking appliances vary. This is a guide only.